No anyone who doesn’t love the kitchen sink with a window? So many do not know how to vent a kitchen sink under a window. Because the wiring and plumbing process is complicated.
Without vents, negative pressure will empty the pressure in the pipes. In this way, harmful gases enter your home. Usually, winds rise from each fixture to join a central vent stack that extends through the roof.
How to Install a Vent Pipe for the Kitchen?
Proper sink ventilation is essential for your kitchen. Without adequate ventilation, the kitchen sink faces slow drainage and a water lock in the drain pipe.
Proper sink ventilation makes sure the appropriate drainage and disposal of waste in the main sewage pipe.
Finally, this step-by-step process is guaranteed to teach us how to vent a kitchen sink under a window. Follow this step.
Step 1: Connect the Sink and Waste Drain Pipe
The first thing is that you connect the horizontal sink drain pipe to the 2-inch drain pipe from the toilet, then add a two by 2 – 1.5 inch PVC sanitary t- fitting.
This fitting has three openings. The first 2-inch side opening is attached to the sink pipe and faces downwards with the other 2-inch space.
When installing PVC pipe, use the PVC primer and PVC adhesive for fitting.
Step 2: Select the Vent Pipe Configuration
So decide the vent pipe configuration. The vent pipe must be upward a short distance from the top of the sanitary t-fitting.
Step 3: Attach Pipe to the Opening
In step 3, cut the pipe in a small vertical piece ½ inch PVC pipe then attach to the opening at sanitary t-fitting with the help of PVC primer and PVC adhesive for fitting.
Its length depends on the horizontal pipe’s width and slope.
Step 4: Draw a Chalk Line
So draw a chalk line to the wall studs’ sides to reflect the length and slope of the horizontal vent drain. The horizontal pipe will automatically slope upwards at 1/4-inch.
Step 5: Drill a one 3/4-inch hole
So drill one 3/4-inch hole. Use a chalk line to drill a hole in the middle of each wall stud to run the horizontal vent pipe as a rough guide.
Step 6: Add a second Elbow Fitting
So push the horizontal pipe and pass through the holes and attach it to the elbow fitting. Then add the 2nd elbow to the end of the tube with the gap facing upward.
Step 7: Install a Straight-up Vertical PVC Vent Pipe
To install a straight-up vertical PVC vent pipe, you will need to drill through the ceiling plate until you get the tube in.
Step 8: Attach Another PVC Elbow
If you add another PVC elbow to the top of the vent pipe in the attic, you can efficiently run the line horizontally with proper slope to reach the central vent-and-soil stack of the building.
Step 9: Connect Vent Pipe to the Stack
We are using a PVC t-fitting to connect the vent pipe to the stack.
Why Is the Kitchen Sink Usually Placed Under a Window?
In most home kitchen sink are placed under a window. So there is no general rule that a sink must be placed under a window. So a few reasons we discuss why people have sunk there.
- Efficient use of cabinet space: if you already have a window in their kitchen, so the sink is always best for you. Because generally, the sink area is logical as cabinets interfere with using a sink in a kitchen.
- The View: If you want to prefer the standing washing or rinsing dishes method, so you have the best opportunity to connect with the exterior space.
- Interior Aesthetics: The kitchen sink is one of the essential areas of work in the kitchen room. And window dress up this area looks beautiful and physically relax.
- Natural Light: Natural light is vital for your health, so natural light is the main priority of a kitchen. Morning breakfast is always imagined sitting on the table, and the sunlight is coming through the window.
- Breeze / Wind: Mother nature and outdoor is a great bonding. So the pleasant smell that comes out from the flower is necessary for a kitchen.
So finally, your kitchen is incomplete without the proper sink and proper venting in pipelines. It keeps your kitchen safe from dirt, messes and protects your health from dangerous chemical gases. I hope this article is helpful for you.